Kleresca® is a breakthrough BioPhotonic anti-acne treatment that significantly, and comfortably improves acne, with high safety. Kleresca® harnesses the power of BioPhotonics to safely treat your acne and stimulate the tissue’s own repair systems. The treatment uses a high intensity dual wavelength low level laser emission device together with a photoconverter gel to kill bacteria in the skin and initiate healing.This treatment provides the fastest solution for acne- results are seen with 3 weeks of treatment. Kleresca is a non-drug, natural treatment for acne.
- Kleresca is an effective method for the treatment of certain forms of acne
- Kleresca uses 2 spectrums of low level laser emission to activate a cream that kills bacteria
- Tablets are not needed for this treatment to be effective
- Kleresca is most effective if you suffer from cystics, papular or pustular acne (AKA Zits)- it is not effective in treating blackheads and whiteheads
- The Kleresca Program consists of 12 treatments spanning over 6 weeks- hence 2 treatments per week
- Each Kleresca treatment takes 10 minutes to perform
- Treatments are painless as low level laser feels like a mild sunburn
- Kleresca can be a stand alone treatment, or combined with other anti acne treatments such as Oratane-Accutane, antibiotics or vitamin A creams for better results
- Book in for a Kleresca consultation with Dr Davin Lim if you are considering this treatment. Note: Dr Lim does not see standard acne patients- only acne scarring or Kleresca candidates
The program is over 6 weeks and consists of 12 treatments. 2 treatments are performed over a week. (You must leave at least one day in between treatments.)
Most patients notice an improvement within 4 weeks of treatment. Though the treatment cycle last 6 weeks, your acne will continue to improve after you stop the Kleresca Program. Most of my acne patients who undergo this treatment use it as an Accelerated Program to help reduce Oratane – Roaccutane flare ups. For patients who have severe cystic acne, Oratane is still the best treatment, Kleresca just accelerates the program, and can reduce inflammation and hence reduce the chances of acne scars.
Kleresca® is administered twice a week for six weeks. . A nurse or practitioner will apply a topical orange gel that is illuminated under a multi-wavelength LED light for nine minutes. That’s all – then you can get back to your day!
No. The treatment offers you a comfortable experience- you will feel warmth on your skin during the procedure towards the end of your treatment-that’s it! No pain, no stinging, no sunburn.
This treatment does not involve the use of tablets or drugs, just low level laser LED and BioPhotonic cream. This means no synthetic drugs enter your body, as the treatment targets the pimple forming bacteria in your oil glands.
Unlike Roaccutane, your acne does not worsen before improving. Roaccutane works by ‘pushing out’ your oil glands at a molecular level- this means acne usually gets worse before getting better. Additionally there is no other anti-acne treatment that works faster than Kleresca. As a guide antibiotics and creams take 12 weeks before working, and Roaccutane takes 8- 12 weeks before a change is seen, after the initial flare up. Most of my Klersca patients undertake Roaccutane at the same time. Most frequently I employ Kleresca to help reduce scarring, as inflammation is markedly reduced. (Most of my patients have severe cystic and scarring acne- hence Dr Davin Lim sees the ‘severe end’ of the acne spectrum.) The chances of long term cure on Roaccuatane+ Kleresca Program is much higher than with Kleresca alone.
Studies have shown that this treatment can place acne in remission for over 6 months, however, if combined with other medications, the rate of ‘cure’ for acne increases. There are no limits as to how many treatment programs you can be on. In many cases one treatment can cure acne, however it is my duty to warn patients that with any acne treatment, your condition can recur- even with Roaccutane- Oratane. Most often for severe cystic acne patients who exhibit scars, I endorse Klerasca as a combination treatment and not a stand alone. This is based upon the fact that I see the most ‘severe’ forms of acne.
Kleresca is one of the safest acne treatments available. Unlike Roaccutane, or antibiotics there are no side effects. Creams can cause skin irritation, but Kleresca does not remain on your skin for longer than 9 minutes. There are no allergic reactions to Kleresca (unlike antibiotics).
Twelve. Kleresca® is administered twice a week for six weeks. You must have at least one day’s break between treatment sessions.
Absolutely. In fact this treatment is ideal as an accelerated program for patients who are on Oratane- Accutane. Acne treatments take up to 12 weeks to see progress, however with Kleresca, your acne clearance is markedly accelerated, and most patients will notice a marked improvement within 3-4 weeks on Kleresca.
Treatments start from $150 per session.
Inclusive of –
- Biophotonic ointment
- 2 spectrum blue light low level laser emission applications
- Pre and post photography and documentation
The Kleresca Program consists of 12 sessions spaced over 6 weeks.
No. Some International Private health insurance companies cover the entire program, some give a partial rebate. Australian Private Health insurance companies do not cover this program.
The very first step is a careful assessment to see if you are suitable for Kleresca. Not all patients are suitable candidates.
Ideal candidates for this treatment include –
- Patients seeking a natural remedy without the use of tablets
- Patients seeking a fast method of treating acne and accelerated clearance. This is the group of patients I most frequently use Kleresca on
- Patients who do not want to undertake tablets including Accutane- Roaccutane
- Patients who have had bad side effects to Accutane- Roaccutane in the past
- Patients who are undergoing IVF or trying to fall pregnant
NOTE- Kleresca works best if you have papular-pustular and cystic acne, namely zits. It does not work well for blackheads- whitehead acne.
By Dr Davin Lim
Kleresca is a high end Specialist prescribed program and is not suitable for everyone. In my opinion this treatment is excellent for patients who want an effective, safe, no downtime acne treatment that does not have any unwanted side effects. As a stand-alone treatment Kleresca can markedly improve 89% of acne cases- no matter how severe the condition.
Alternatively, this treatment can be combined with other acne treatments for accelerated clearance of acne lesions. For example, this can be used with Roaccutane to decrease the flare up and speed up acne clearance. Low level laser emission also has scar remodeling properties- namely this treatment, can in theory repair very early and mild acne scars.
To date, this program offers the fastest treatment and clearance of acne lesions. Proven efficacy, safety, speed of clearance and scar remodeling sets this treatment apart from any other acne treatment.