S ome say it’s all downhill, but I say it’s your new 20s! Yes, that is correct. With the latest in lasers, volume replacement and non- surgical eye-lifts, it is possible to transform your skin two decades younger. With four decades of sun damage, skin cancer and pre cancerous spots become an issue, along with persistent pigmentation and ‘spots and dots’. Laser resurfacing can address all these problems. Ultherapy can improve skin tone, and fillers can replace loss volume. This is my favourite age group to rejuvenate as the results can be outstanding, but at the same time natural.
Facts on looking after your skin in your 40s
- Four decades of sun exposure will predispose you to skin cancer as well as pigmentation
- Red veins and rosacea (red face) are commonly seen in the 40s
- Volume loss is more pronounced- especially in the mid cheeks and lips
- Eye wrinkles are now static and no amount of anti-wrinkle injections will help
- Laser resurfacing, vascular laser and fillers can correct and refresh your 40s to give your skin the glow of your 20s
- Non-surgical skin tightening procedures can such as Ultherapy can stimulate new collagen, and provide a natural, no down-time face lift
40’s ageing-treatment and prevention
40’s is the new 30’s! My aim is to make someone who is in their mid to late 40’s look in their 30’s Once again it is the correction of texture, tone and volume.
Mid cheek and tear troughs should be treated to prevent eyebags.
Filler is often needed around the mouth, and anti-wrinkle injections should be used for prevention.
Product: Anti-wrinkle injections to the frowns and forehead area.
Dermal Fillers 1.3 ml to the mid cheek, and Freestyle Filling around the eyes and mouth.
This reduces the look of dark circles, and reduces lines around the mouth area.
Recommended laser: Pulse Fraxel or CO2 Fractional for skin texture and skin tone.
Consider getting both face and décolletage rejuvenated.
Dr Davin Lim